Thursday 5 November 2015

Print Product Research

Print Product Research


As I am now  planning and drafting out our print product I have been thinking of different ideas for it. The idea I have chosen and have decided to use a city urban background for the film poster, as we wanted to use Birmingham setting for our city background as said on my last blog post I visited Birmingham yesterday to take pictures of the backstreets in Birmingham to use for our poster. 

I used an iPhone 5C to take pictures of London and I used my iPhone 5C as the camera is very good at taking high quality pictures, especially outdoors. By the pictures I took audiences will be able to tell straight away that the setting for the film is going to be urban and poor looking.



By taking my own picture for the poster it makes the poster for our film more personal, also regarding target audience as we have used a Birmingham setting on our poster this could open up or provide an interest to an international audience such as American people as American people are known to be fascinated by England and especially London so by them seeing a British City on the film poster could potentially attract them to watch the movie. 


As you can see by the images of my self taking the pictures for our poster the location has stereotypical Birmingham back street conventions such as an old buildings, rooftops and cold damp weather.

Previously to using the idea of a Birmingham background I thought of using the idea of an old abandoned building near our sixth form which we could of visited and taken pictures of to use for our poster.

This is what the building looked like...

















As you can see by the images the building is abandoned and has conventions of action so it would of been a good location to take pictures of for our print product. After having a think and comparing the two locations we decided to choose the London as we thought the idea of city suited our storyline more and had more conventions of an action movie compared to an abandoned building.

No comments:

Post a Comment