Tuesday 15 December 2015

Editing My Footage

Editing

When I finished filming for my movie my next step was to edit. For editing I used the MAC computers at my sixth form and used Premier Pro to edit all my footage on.

 Using a MAC allowed me to transfer all my footage from my camera in to a folder as well as being saved on to the desktop meaning I wouldn't loose my work. 








When saved I then opened up a new premier pro document and put all my footage in. I then put them in order, trimmed then down, added sound effects and much more to them to make them look more professional and look like more of a short movie.



I used lesson time and free time to edit my footage to make sure I got it to the standard I wanted it to be. After editing I added sound to my short movie to complete it I used the following website...




This website allowed me to download music for my short film at ease by searching for what I was looking for. As well as soundtracks to run behind the footage the website also had ambient sound for me to add in. 






Above is a screenshot of my premier pro project for my film "Consequences" whilst I was working on it as you can see there is a lot going and it appears to be complicated but as I used Premier Pro to work on my AS production last year I carried the skills over from last year to allow me to use Premier Pro at ease.

Once the clips were all in place and the music was sorted I added in titles such as production company logo and a few titles saying who was in the short movie and the name of the movie. Here are some examples which I created for my project...










 

 Overall in terms of editing I had an enjoyable experience of editing and using premier pro to edit my short film. It helped a lot that I used Premier Pro last year to edit my AS production as I carried over my skills and remembered them to carry on this year, not only did I carry them over but I feel like I have improved this year as I knew how to work Premier Pro compared to last year.






No comments:

Post a Comment