Monday 7 September 2015

T4-Audience Research

Audience Research

The audience for my short film "Alone" will be young adults. The film isn't going to be too horrific but creepy so the age range 18-25 should be perfect. 

I have looked at a couple of other Zombie Apocalypse films and their age rating and they are very similar to what I would rate my own.


The Walking Dead is another Zombie Apocalypse American TV Drama. Some of the features from the show I may use in mine so in terms of Audience Research it is a good example. The Walking Dead box sets are all rated 18 because of the content and items used in the show. I would too rate my own film "Alone" an 18 because I am too going to have a similar storyline to the walking dead too.

I personally think anyone younger would find my film "Alone" a little disturbing or either a little bit boring as younger people usually like comedy or comedy horror films. 



 Another Zombie Apocalypse film which was very popular was Zombieland. The age rating for Zombieland was a 15 which is the open to teenagers as well as young adults. The film has been classed as a 15 due to there being a lot of humor to the film and less violent content compared to the walking dead which is a lot more serious and has very graphical content. My film "Alone" wont include humor as it is going to be quite a serious horror so I would definitely not class it as a 15 like Zombieland. 

To see what other people like in horror movies i have made my own survey for people to fill in with a small variety of quesions on horror movies...

No comments:

Post a Comment